How we can help the media
We operate a global network of people and information from conflict zones. We can provide frontline contacts, human stories and distinctive angles from around the world:
- Direct access to our frontline peacebuilders for first-hand information and stories from the field.
- A monthly News Feed of stories from conflict zones.
- Pre-departure briefings and contacts for your assignments.
- Local fixers drawn from our in-country correspondents.
- Online information on peacebuilders worldwide at Insight On Conflict.
- Comment on peacebuilding initiatives in the news.
Issues and countries we cover
Currently we are working on these issues:
- Burundi: Preventing young people from joining armed militias and political gangs, in a country where 70% of the population is under 20 years of age.
- Congo DRC: Rescuing child soldiers, disarming rebel militias, resettling refugees back into their homes.
- Kashmir: Running youth groups to prevent young people from being recruited into violent political action; using women’s groups to influence the peace process.
- Nepal: Offering a ‘hotline for peace’ to provide a rapid response when conflicts erupt.
- Pakistan: Preventing radicalization of young Muslims into Islamist extremism in Pukhtunkhwa (formerly North-West Frontier Province) and the Swat Valley.
- Sri Lanka: Reconciliation between communities and religious leaders in the post-conflict period.
- UK: East London project to help young people in deprived areas resolve conflicts in their homes, schools and streets.
- Zimbabwe: Ending the culture of political violence through youth education, and training village chiefs in conflict transformation.
Interviews, photos and case studies for all of these can be arranged by emailing our press office.
Insight on Conflict
We publish the information website Insight on Conflict which lists over 400 grassroots organizations worldwide that are actively peacebuilding in conflict zones. It’s a leading resource for contacts, updates and stories from countries in the news.